Penfund is seeking to hire an Associate.
The Associate role is the traditional entry point to join Penfund’s investment team. We recruit high performers from leading investment banks and deal advisory teams. We are highly selective in our hiring process and also expect talented candidates to be highly selective in choosing the right fit for them in the next step in their careers. We strive to be a best-in-class employer and believe there are numerous compelling reasons that Penfund is a dynamic and rewarding place to work, a number of which are listed below.
- Established Platform. 20+ year track record of superb performance and rapid growth
- High Quality Direct Investing Experience. Active platform that invests in top quartile businesses across a variety of industries and works alongside top tier private equity firms on leveraged buyouts
- Chance to Move the Needle. Entrepreneurial firm with opportunities to make a tangible impact and help build a business
- Career Development & Runway. Opportunity to develop, progress and build a career with the benefit of mentorship from experienced and proven senior investment professionals
- High Performance Team. Work as part of a small, cohesive team of high performers
- Strong Culture. A high performance and supportive culture that is focused on excellence and developing people
- Engaging Work. Conduct deep due diligence involving tailored, complex quantitative and qualitative analysis focused on company fundamentals and industry research
- Work-Life Balance. While live transactions are fast paced and demanding, we strive for a sustainable overall split between work and personal time
- Compensation. Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- Downtime. Three weeks of vacation. In addition, the office closes between December 24 and January 1 and the firm has a further two ‘blackout’ days each year where the office is closed
- Hybrid Work Arrangements. Testing a hybrid work arrangement with an option to work from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating financial models and valuations relating to new investments, follow-on financings and liquidity events;
- Performing a variety of financial analysis to assist with due diligence;
- Performing industry research and analysis;
- Evaluating new debt and equity investment opportunities;
- Creating quarterly portfolio company reports;
- Developing presentation materials such as investment memoranda;
- Interacting with intermediaries, management teams and sponsors.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2-4 years of total work experience with at least 2 years of experience at a top tier investment bank or consulting firm;
- Strong financial modeling and analysis skills;
- Sound business judgment;
- A track record of exceptional academic achievement;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- A desire to work as part of a small team.
Only Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be considered for this position.
If you are interested in being considered, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants being actively considered for an interview for the above position will be contacted.
Back to All Careers