Who We Are
Founded in 1979, Penfund is Canada’s oldest independent private equity firm. Since our founding, we have invested more than $2.4 billion in over 200 mid-market companies across North America. Our current focus is investing Penfund Capital Fund V.
We operate as a specialty lender and an equity investor and seek to invest in companies that satisfy the following criteria:
- Clearly defined, focused business strategies
- Competent, in-place management teams
- Entrenched market positions
- Operating in stable markets
- Generating superior returns on capital and high and stable free cash flow
Investee companies will typically generate annual EBITDA of at least $10 million and annual revenue of at least $40 million.
We do not invest in operational turnarounds, real estate, natural resources, high technology or start-ups.
We invest in a wide range of industries but have a particular focus on the following sectors:
- Pet products and services
- Auto aftermarket
- Craft beer
- Food processing
- Waste management
- Industrial distribution
- Outpatient providers
- Home care providers